Saturday, October 18, 2008

Amazing!

Drawing 275

Drawing 276

Drawing 277

I'm still amazed that I've continued the commitment to drawing-a-day: I might not post to this blog every day, but I do find the time and energy (with the exception of a couple of weeks in February when I was sick enough to wind up in hospital) to make a drawing each and every day.
Some days I've been tempted to let it slide - tired, not in the mood, busy, other commitments, you know the litany - and make two the following day, but I've resisted the temptation. I'm afraid that if I do that, I'll break the habit. And it would be oh-so-easy to let it slide for days on end and I KNOW that I will never have the willpower to catch up if that happens! It's been a more than worthwhile exercise, in many ways: my drawing has improved with the daily practice, I'm on the alert for ideas and inspiration from a multitude of sources I probably wouldn't have noticed before, the daily drawings have provided inspiration for much of my work this year, and I have enough ideas even thus far to keep me busy for YEARS. Yep, years!

I suspect that my subconcious is a way more fetid and fertile swamp than I ever realised :)

No comments: