Sunday, July 6, 2008

Progress up the mountain...

Drawing 171

Drawing 172

Progress on Mending Mountain: the third shirt now has its facing sewn down and is back in wearing circulation (or will be, when the weather warms up). Next in line is taking in a pair
of jeans (so big in the waist that if I fail to wear a belt with them, they have an alarming
tendency to fall down. To my ankles.), a kind of priority because my favourite pair have developed a largish hole in the inner thigh and will require patching as soon as the other jeans are no longer a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. The item after that is a purple top a friend passed on to me - it has a high neck which I don't like (I'm not good with neck constricting garments), so I think I'll slash it down one side and turn the turtle-ish neck into an asymetrical collar. It's a pretty item, though.

I mentioned to a friend that I was busy mending, even though it's one of my least favourite tasks, and was surprised (again!) that she was suprised: "But you like sewing!"
Yep, I do, but mending is NOT the same thing :)

No comments: