Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cabin fever

Drawing 431

Drawing 432

Drawing 433

Drawing 434

Drawing 435

After almost six months of unemployment, I think I need to get out more. I have a bad case of cabin fever at the moment. Pottering around quite contentedly - drawing, making other art, sewing, gardening (should be more housework on that list, but that ain't ever gonna happen!) - when I'm not actively job-seeking (which happens every day, but I can't spend every waking hour looking for jobs that just aren't there) but I'm suffering from lack of outside stimulation. Most days I don't talk to anyone but the cats (or myself), except for a brief chat with The Bloke when he drops the newspaper off on his way home. The other day I went to a movie just to hear voices other than my own!

Perhaps I'll have a hunt for a part-time volunteer job.

No comments: