Sunday, December 27, 2009

Artifice

Set 'em Up, Knock 'em Down
(mixed media using tin cans, found paper, Indian ink and watercolour pencils)

Owlish
(mixed media using Indian ink, watercolour pencils and found paper)

Fish Face
(mixed media on canvas using acrylic pain, Indian ink, and dressmaking pattern tissue)

SOLD A Stitch in Time
(mixed media on canvas using acrylic paint, marker, Indian ink, stitching)

SOLD It's the End of the World
(mixed media on canvas using acrylic paint, marker, Indian ink, stitching)

Above are the works I included in a recent group exhibition called Artifice, with some ex-classmates from my Visual Arts course and two other artists (through a mutual friend). Opening night was SO hot, a 39 degree Celsius day, but we still got a good turnout. It was great to catch up with people I've not seen much of over the past year, and meet some new art lovers, too. I sold the two bottom works at opening night, and I was thrilled. They're a bit of a departure for me, but I enjoyed making them and may make more in a similar vein.

Colour seems to be creeping into my work. I tend to work in a limited palette, odd since I'm attracted to colour - the brighter the better - in other things (such as clothes). Perhaps that box of paint will come in handy after all...

1 comment:

Caroline M said...

You know which one would be mine if I didn't fear for what the postal service would do to it and what customs would demand as a ransom.