Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a Wrap


I've gone a bit mad on wrap skirts. These are all made from stash fabric, mostly op shopped - I think the Miss Piggy one was from Ebay. All four are now on offer in my Etsy shop. I just adore the red and yellow floral, it's so in-your-face. I've made myself skirts from both the Miss Piggy and the green op art pieces, too. Miss Piggy features as a showgirl with Kermit appearing in multiples as the chorus boy - gorgeous!

In the spirit of Slow Stitching, I've taken care over the construction with french seams and enclosing all raw edges either within a hem or using bias binding - all the waists and hems are finished with toning bias binding, from my embarrassingly large stash of the stuff. They each fasten with vintage buttons and a press-stud (metal snap). I'm still trying to go the "use what I have" route, and all these garments fit that bill with fabric, thread, buttons, and bias binding on hand. I probably have enough of each of these fabrics to make something else, though perhaps not enough for another skirt - perhaps a tote bag. 

No comments: