Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I Hate

An irregularly scheduled list brought to you by Grumblebum Crankypants (compounded by blogger refusing to upload my pictures for no apparent reason)

Things I Hate About Public Transport

  1. Other passengers
  2. Passengers who put their bags on the seat beside them and refuse to let others sit there. Note to these people: Your bag does not buy a ticket and is not entitled to a seat all to itself, and I don't care what you say, I WILL stand there and argue with you until the cows come home
  3. Passengers who sit in an aisle seat with an empty seat next to them and refuse to let me pass to sit there, or who get really annoyed at doing so. I get sitting on an aisle, I prefer it myself, but I would never prevent someone else from using the empty seat
  4. Canceled trains
  5. Several trains canceled in a row
  6. Late trains
  7. Would-be humourous announcements regarding 4, 5 or 6. Okay, points for attempting to make light of the situation, but most of us are in no mood, NO MOOD, I say!
  8. Boarding passengers who attempt to push past disembarking passengers. Wait two seconds, it won't kill you, nor will you miss the train
  9. And disembarking passengers who attempt to push past other disembarking passengers closer to the door. Also wait two seconds, you won't get stuck on the train
  10. The stranger who prodded and pushed me to walk up the scary escalators at Parliament Station, even though I was standing to the left to allow others to pass. Next time I may elbow you in the face...oops!
  11. Other passengers who wear bucketloads of fragrance or aftershave - go easy on the perfumes! Some days my eyes stream and nose itches for hours from the olfactory overload
  12. Tickets that refuse to work at the gates, despite being properly validated
  13. Crappy customer service from staff who have no clue how to answer perfectly reasonable questions, and Don't Care
  14. Falling asleep on the train and missing my stop, then having to wait an eon at the next stop for a train coming back the other way. While this might not be Public Transport's fault, I still want to blame them
Hmm, that's quite a list. I'm still grumpy and cranky, but in a couple of days I may actually miss public transport because my current casual employment is coming to an end and I will no longer be forced to partake in the joys of peak hour. But probably not...

3 comments:

Caroline M said...

I think I'd just stop with number one. If you took everyone else away then it would be a much more enjoyable experience. Hell is other people.

JahTeh said...

Oh, the scaryness of those Parliament escalators. They're not that wide and If I was going up no one would get past me, elbow or not. I think coming down is worse, they are so steep.

Fourth Daughter said...

So funny to know that someone shares my taste in crockery.. or anything actually... (re my post on I op therefore I am).
Public transport woes.. I know all about them, mainly about the lack of it out where I live... although shouldn't complain as have been travelling for free the past 2 weeks on a new bus route!
Your cat is gorgeous by the way!
http://stylewilderness.blogspot.com/