Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to school

Drawing day eighty

Drawing day eighty-one

Drawing day eighty-two

Classes began again today and I was ready to go back - I missed the place, the people, the projects. Today was Studio Materials, in which we are currently learning Photoshop, which is fascinating. Confusing, but fascinating. I think it's just that there is so MUCH to remember, but the things possible with the program are awesome, and will be very useful in generating future art pieces.

We also had Drawing, and this term (except for one week) we have a model for two hours of each three hour class, so back to life drawing. I am rusty! We did so many short drawings I lost count - 30 second, 1 minute, 2 minute, 5 minute, 15 minute. We did two where the model moved a quarter turn ever two minutes, just drawing over the existing drawings so it looked almost like movement. Next week we'll do a longer pose - I felt like I was just warming up when we finished. Good class, but exhausting - I'm shattered!

No comments: