Monday, July 6, 2009

Naughty birds

Drawing 516

Drawing 517

Drawing 518

Drawing 519

Drawing 520

The corellas were busy in the park again, this time hanging off a pair of conifers outside the Heritage Centre, busily showering passersby with chewed up seed pods and bits of tree as they (the birds, not the passersby) bounced on the springy branches like so many naughty children. I really must remember to put the camera in my bag. And there was a pair of swallows looping across the lawns at warp speed, inches above the grass. I was dizzy watching them, the flash of blue iridescence on their backs sparking in the wan sun, a rare sight on a day of clouds and rain showers with fragmentary moments of clear blue sky.

Of my visit, the reason I was walking across the park, to the Job Service Provider (who, in seven months of having me on their books, have sent me NO job referals. None. Not one. Nada. Zip. Zilch), I shall say little. Except: frelling government.

No comments: