Thursday, May 8, 2008

The alarm clock is EVIL

Drawing number 113

This is my alarm clock. It is EVIL.

I hate getting out of bed (I was going to continue that with "in the morning", but the truth is I hate getting up full stop, any time of day). Once I'm up and moving, I'm fine, but the actual dragging myself from my cosy cocoon of blankets is hard, particularly now the weather is cooling down and the mornings are darker. Even more, I hate the alarm clock. I'm not fond of clocks in general - I haven't worn a watch for a couple of years now - but the horrible noise of the alarm shrilling, wrenching me from the blissful arms of slumber, is sheer torture.

Given my general aversion to clocks, I find it interesting that I'm drawn to the white rabbit in "Alice in Wonderland" - it pops up again and again in both my art and writing. I was rewatching "The Matrix" this afternoon and grinned at the white rabbit references. Mmmm, Keanu Reeves...even more mmmm, Keanu Reeves in that coat...

No comments: