Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Inspiration

Drawing day eighteen

Took a trip to the public library to change my books (read the eight I borrowed two weeks ago!) and remembered to take the camera this time. I've been wanting a photo of the window below. I want to work it into a drawing using the eucalyptus oil transfer technique I learned last semester (when I do, I'll blog it). The window is on one of the church buildings in the same strip as the library. Oh, and I have a new pile of reading material, which makes me unreasonably happy (a Buffy the Vampire Slayer I haven't read! O, sad and pathetic me...)


Then I wandered over the road to Pioneer Park, which used to be the cemetery. The gravestone decorations (if that's the right word - embellishments, maybe?) and railings have graphic possibilities for drawing and printmaking.


Not sure what happened to damage this headstone so severely, perhaps vandals. The cracks interest me. I took quite a few photos to work on later, and I found a big glossy black feather (crow, I think) to add to my collection. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but every time I see a feather I pick up.

No comments: