Saturday, January 26, 2008

Last week of break

Drawing day twenty-two

Just over a week till classes start again. I've enjoyed the break but I'm looking forward to getting back into learning mode. I've missed the interaction with fellow students and the teachers. That's one of the best things about going back to art study: having people who speak the same "language". And the constant stimulation of having others' feedback on what I'm doing, plus getting ideas from what other people are creating. I find I'm constantly thinking "Oooh, that's cool, let's try that" - things I would never have thought of doing but that work really well, and that I then extend further. I have a little visual diary with me at all times to scribble down ideas that strike me (if I don't write 'em down, my mental filing cabinet tends to lose them).

No comments: